Bookkeeper/Number Cruncher Part-Time, Virtual, Contracted Position
Aimee LaLiberte of Virtual CFO is hiring a part-time, contracted bookkeeper to crunch the numbers for her growing Profit-First bookkeeping firm. This role is virtual and open to residents in the US and Canada. This role will start at 10 hours per week with the potential to have up to 20 hours per week. Compensation will start hourly and project-based payment can be negotiated after trial period.
This could be you if you are saying “yes” to the following things:
– You have bookkeeping experience and understand basic accounting principles
– You love and believe in cloud accounting
– You love technology as it relates to accounting and what’s driving the industry
– You work in a focused and timely manner
– You own your results and take initiative
– You have bookkeeping experience and know your stuff
– You’re confident in your bookkeeping abilities and can use your experience and resources to find solutions
– You feel satisfaction in getting the job done
– You are wanting to be a part of a team
– You consider yourself friendly and upbeat
– You would say that you have a positive money mindset
– Your friends and colleagues consider you to be trustworthy
– When you know a process, you aren’t apt to deviate from it (at least not right away)
– You have your own laptop and reliable access to the internet.
– You know QBO and/or Xero and consider yourself technologically savvy
This position will work in the following softwares/programs and requires proficiency in the following programs:
Xero (this is our preferred accounting software- if you at least know QBO and can learn quickly, you should be able to pick up Xero in no time)
The Bookkeeper/Number Cruncher will work under the CEO. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities for client accounts under the direction of the CEO. As the company grows, the amount of hours and number of accounts will grow. This role will not necessarily be client facing as the CEO will manage client relationships and communication– though this role may communicate with clients via email occasionally. The ideal candidate takes initiative and can problem-solve in case the CEO can’t be reached– they come up with solutions so that they can keep the workflow moving.
This Bookkeeper is available for weekly team huddles via Zoom as well as daily check-ins via voxer or slack at the end of their work day. While hours are flexible, it is preferred that the contractor be available to respond within 24 hours Monday through Friday. This job does not require weekend work as long as tasks are completed during work week.
– Bank reconciliations
– Accounts payable (Bill pay)
– Accounts receivable (payment processing)
– Payroll processing
– Bank Transfers
– Preparation of client KPI reports (Monthly financial statements)
– Complete certification for Xero
– Respond to communications within 24 hours
– Weekly team huddles through Zoom
– Daily 10 minute check-ins Monday through Friday via Slack or Voxer
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday May 31st at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
You will be notified thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates after the application window. If chosen, you’re available to do a video call interview and possible paid test project.